Economics Graduate Careers
Where Economics Alumni Work
Each year, about 20 percent of MSU Moorhead’s Economics graduates proceed to law school or graduate programs. Our graduates have enrolled in prestigious institutions like Harvard, Georgetown, Ohio State University, Virginia Tech, and more.
Those alumni who enter the workforce immediately following graduation, along with those who choose to continue their education, are employed at many outstanding organizations and institutions. Here’s a small sampling of what our alumni are doing:
- Assistant professor, Massey University
- Credit analyst, VISION Bank
- Assistant director, U.S. Wheat Associates
- Equity trader, Carlin Financial Group
- Systems engineer, NCR Corporation
- Account manager, Kraus Anderson Insurance
- Underwriter, The Hartford Company
- Pharmaceutical account representative, Novartis Ophthalmics
- Economist, IRS-Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Research Division
- Economic development director, City of Washburn, N.D.
- Researcher, Institute for Defense Analyses
- Catastrophe modeling analyst, Benfield
What can you do with an Economics degree in the real-world? Ask our Alumni!
"A huge asset is the culture of Economics. The professors are engaged and engaging. Classes were small enough that students are engaged in the lectures and with each other." Read more about Sarah's experience
Watch Sarah's Video