Business Administration with Healthcare Leadership
BS in Business Administration with Healthcare Leadership emphasis will prepare students specializing in business with the knowledge and skills needed to function effectively in healthcare organizations. You will be exposed to a curriculum focusing on quality management, informatics, regulatory methods, healthcare finance, policy, leadership, and strategic planning.
You can start taking classes for the Healthcare Leadership emphasis in Spring 2023 and can officially declare this as your major Summer 2024.
Healthcare Leadership emphasis Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the healthcare industry to ensure the delivery of high-quality, safe, and efficient care to patients and families.
- Apply leadership principles to manage healthcare organizations.
- Integrate quality improvement principles, healthcare finance, policy and economics, and risk management to improve healthcare delivery.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and collaborate with inter-professional teams to improve health services and patient outcomes.
Below are the unofficial requirements for the Healthcare Leadership emphasis. Healthcare Leadership emphasis official requirements coming in the Academic Bulletin 2024-2025 live summer 2024.
Healthcare Leadership Emphasis Program Requirements (18 credits)
- HSAD 218 Introduction to Healthcare and Global Health (3)
- HSAD 403 Health Informatics (3)
- HSAD 414 Healthcare Strategic Planning and Marketing (3)
- HSAD 416 Healthcare Leadership and Management (4)
- HSAD 417 Quality Management in Healthcare (3)
- HSAD 418 Healthcare Law and Ethics (3)
- HSAD 419 Healthcare Finance and Reimbursement Methods (3)
- HSAD 420 Health Policy and Economics (3)
Healthcare Leadership Emphasis Restricted Electives (6 credits)
- HSAD 326 Epidemiology & Introductory Biostatistics (3)
- HSAD 400 Aging in the US: Introduction to Gerontology and Senior Support Care (3)
- HSAD 401 Health Aspects of Aging (3)
- HSAD 421 Long Term Care Administration (3)
- HSAD 422 Regulatory Management in Healthcare (3)
4+1 Accelerated Healthcare Degree Options
- Fifth-year extension program to Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
Questions? Contact Us
If you want more information or have questions please contact one of the program coordinators below.