Ph.D., Business Administration: Marketing, Temple University, USA
MBA, Marketing Emphasis, Pepperdine University, USA
MSc, Marketing, Strategy and International Business, Konkuk University, Korea
AWARDS & HONORS (Selected):
• Best Paper Award at the 2021 Three Technology Innovation Associations’ Conference in South Korea (2021)
• Honored as Top 10 Most Read Articles by the Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science (2019)
• Best Paper Award in Culture, Identity, and Ethnicity Marketing Track, The Atlantic Marketing Association (2019)
• Employee Excellence Award in Research & Creative Activity, MSUM (2019)
• Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award with Beta Gamma Sigma, MSUM (2019)
• Best Paper Award by Tourism Sciences Society of Korea, The Korea-America Hospitality & Tourism Educators Association (2019)
• Junior Faculty Scholarship Award, The Midwest Academy of Management (2018)
• Best Conference Paper Award, The Korea-America Hospitality & Tourism Educators Association (2018)
• Advisory Board in Professional Science Master Program, KMAC (2016-2018)
• Best Paper Award in Sports Marketing Track, The Atlantic Marketing Association (2017)
• Google i-10 High Citation-Impact Award, The Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science (2016)
COURSES TAUGHT AT MSUM:
MGMT/ENTR 229 Start Your Own Business
MKTG 270 Principles of Marketing
MKTG 311 Marketing Management
MKTG 421 Consumer Behavior
MKTG 444 International Marketing
MKTG 451 Marketing Research I: Theory and Statistics in Marketing
MKTG 452 Marketing Research II: Actual Marketing Project and Consulting
MBA 611 Marketing Management
MBA 615 International Marketing
MBA 695 Portfolio - MBA Thesis
Dr. Wooyang Kim’s experience is characterized as a business savoir-faire, encompassing a diverse set of experiences in both industry and academic fields globally. He is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, an honor society for business schools worldwide, as well as of academic communities in marketing-related fields.
As a practitioner, he has worked for companies as an analyst, consultant, instructor, and researcher. The companies have included Samsung, LG, and other Korean conglomerates as well as small & medium companies in both South Korea and the USA (e.g., CA, FL, MN, ND, NJ, NY, and PA). His main duties have included market & marketing analysis, behavioral analytics, brand & new product development, and employee education. He is also a certified mentor and subject expert at SCORE affiliated with Small Business Administration (SBA).
As a scholar, his foci on research are consumer perception and decision process in the naturalistic given information underlying an ecological perspective (e.g., foraging behavior and heuristics), which represent an infusion of the Darwinian framework in behavioral ecology into marketing fields. Dr. Kim’s research interests cover three topic areas including consumer information foraging, consumer innovativeness and innovation diffusion, and healthcare service consumption, associated with cross-cultural socioeconomics and sociodemographics. His scholarly works have been awarded academic achievements and are found in academic journals, books, and conference proceedings, etc. He has served as a Vice President, editorial review board member and reviewer at the reputed journals as well as a member of the organizing committee at academic conferences. His expertise encompasses the following areas: behavioral theories and analytics, consumer decision process, cultural marketing, healthcare marketing, marketing strategy, and research methodology.
At PSB in MSUM, Dr. Kim has been working with students. With his students, he made several academic publications at the conferences as well as completed the local business projects.