School Counseling Graduate Certificate

If you already have a master's degree in counseling, student affairs, psychology, human development, education, special education, social work, or any other mental health field at another institution, you may qualify for graduate certificate program status. The Graduate Certificate in School Counseling is intended to lead to state licensure. School Counseling licensure does not often require an exam to receive a license, however some states do require completion of the Praxis exam or portions of the Praxis exam. Please check with the state board of education in the state you wish to work as a school counselor for exact details. Minnesota does not require an exam. North Dakota requires the Praxis exams. This program requires you complete the equivalent of our degree program through transfer courses and courses taken at MSU Moorhead. Specified courses must be taken from MSUM. Contact the school counseling program coordinator for further information.

School Counseling Certificate Requirements