MHA Mission, Vision & Values
The Mission of the Minnesota State University Moorhead Masters of Health Administration (MHA) program is to provide early to mid-careerists an exceptional, online, graduate-level educational experience focused on preparing a generalist leader with a solid administrative foundation encompassing organization, financing, delivery and improvement of health care services. Students receive academic and experiential experiences to prepare them to assume progressive healthcare leadership/administrative positions in a variety of settings, such as: long term care, public health care, acute care, outpatient care and community health care organizations. Students will achieve these skills through:
- Incorporating evidence throughout coursework; working on collaborative, interprofessional projects; as well as completing individual assignments within the online environment leading to a solid, general foundation and preparation for future healthcare leadership/administrative roles.
- Participate in a capstone experience in which students are exposed to real-world projects and relationships within healthcare organizations. This experience connects coursework/theory to organizational experiences to allow students to witness the confluence of theory and practice.
- Receive rigorous education from faculty that are actively engaged in scholarly work, practice and bring industry experience to life in the online classroom.
Students in the program are representative of the changing healthcare world with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Our students bring grit, humility and heart to the MHA program as they prepare to transform the ever-changing healthcare landscape.
The vision of the Master of Health Administration program is to prepare innovative and transformative leaders that will enrich and advance the communities in which they serve with their knowledge and passion for quality, safe, just, and efficient healthcare that can help improve the health of a population.
- Excellence - the program establishes the highest standards for qualifications, experience and professionalism. This is expected of faculty, staff and students to assure optimal learning experiences.
- Academic Excellence - the curriculum and program are founded on academic integrity and rigor that lead to a strong educational base. Faculty focus on competency-based learning experiences to allow students to emerge prepared to lead in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Professionalism and Ethics - professional behavior is expected of faculty and students. Honesty, integrity and ethical behavior are the cornerstones of the MHA program. Faculty and students practice professional and ethical behavior at all times.
- Diversity - faculty and students understand that each person comes to the program with unique perspectives and backgrounds leading to enhanced learning experiences. The program encourages diversity of thought to bring new ideas and foresight into healthcare delivery.
- Lifelong Learning - students are given opportunities to engage in healthcare community activities, professional organizations, and ongoing educational opportunities creating lifelong learning practices.
- Transformation/Innovation - students are prepared to utilize innovative thinking to transform healthcare organizations and their communities. Students are encouraged to envision new methods to lead and deliver healthcare.
- Collaboration - students are exposed to interprofessional experiences by working with others from different professional and academic backgrounds. Students emerge from the program prepared to collaborate to find solutions to current and future healthcare challenges and opportunities.