MA in Criminal Justice Admission & Application Requirements
- Fall: August 1 (flexible)
- Spring: December 1 (flexible)
- Summer: April 15 (flexible)
- Online graduate application
- $35 Non-Refundable application fee for all graduate applications
After you complete the Graduate Online Application:
- Log in to eServices with your StarID.
- Click on Bills and Payment, and you will be able to pay the application fee using a credit or debit card.
Note: Upon completion of the application form in step one, you will receive an email in 1-2 business days giving instructions for the remaining steps and completing the program application in Part 2. Please note that the steps below cannot be completed until you receive that email. If you do not receive the email with Self Service Center instructions, please contact the Graduate Studies Office.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Contact ALL the colleges and universities you have attended and have your transcripts sent to:
Graduate Studies Office, MSU Moorhead
1104 7th Avenue South
Moorhead, MN 56563
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution; no specific major is required
This requirement will be verified by the Graduate Studies Office and the Criminal Justice program.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or at least 3.25 for the last 30 semester credits*
This requirement will be verified by the Graduate Studies Office and the department.
*If you think your undergraduate GPA does not represent your potential for success in graduate school, you can appeal this requirement. If you have questions about this, be sure to contact the MA in Criminal Justice Program Coordinator.
- Log in to the Self Service Center site (allow 24 hours after application submission before logging in).
- Select the “Applications” tab, where you will see your graduate application listed.
- Select “Summary” to see a list of all program requirements and corresponding statuses.
- Upload document by selecting the “Upload” link under the respective “Action” column.