Internships Experiential Learning Opportunities
Internships provide outstanding opportunities for students or new graduates to work in a professional environment, learn new skills and help their employers complete challenging projects.
You will gain valuable, real-world experience and explore careers that match your academic and personal interests. This practical experience reinforces a commitment to the profession, helps you narrow a career path and elevates your professional ethics and values.
Internships may be credit or non-credit bearing; paid or unpaid; full time or part time; taken for a short duration or over the course of a year. While not required, approximately one-third of our students complete an internship, which often proves to be valuable and dynamic learning experiences. Many employers consider internships during the hiring process, and often look to their own interns as the best candidates for full-time positions.
This is what you will gain by participating in a professional internship:
- Developing professional skills in teamwork, time management and interpersonal communication.
- Gaining insight into the business field and narrowing a career path.
- Integrating knowledge gained in the classroom with a growing understanding of the work environment.
- Building professional networking contacts and mentoring relationships.
- Acquiring experience and skills to enhance personal growth and self-confidence.
- Sharing real-world work experiences with other students.
- Growing into a viable, marketable job applicant when seeking full-time employment.
If you would like to explore hiring an intern from the MSUM Paseka School of Business, contact the internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Majors in the Paseka School of Business include: Accounting; Business Administration with an emphasis available in International Business, Management, or Marketing; Business Analytics; and Finance.