Regional Science Center Programs
To spark an interest in science, the Science Center’s programs are exciting, hands-on experiences for learners of all ages. More than 4,000 PK-12 students attend our science exploration programs each year. When your students visit the Center as a part of a class field trip, they’re sure to walk away with a greater understanding of and enthusiasm for science.
All programs are designed to blend the uniqueness of the Science Center to the curricular needs of your students. Registration for each school year session starts in mid-August.
- Fall programs run early September through early November.
- Mid-January and February programs feature “Why Not Winter?” for area fourth- through sixth-graders.
- Winter opportunities include cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, map/compass and winter ecology.
- Spring programs run April 1 to Memorial Day.
- Fees depend on the type of program.
- To talk with someone about setting up a program for your school or group, please contact us.
Star parties on the prairie invite you to enjoy the beautiful summer sky. Find the constellations. See the Milky Way. View nebulae and star clusters through our telescopes. Bring your own binoculars or telescope, if you wish, and enjoy the prairie at night.
Astronomy nights are staffed by the MSUM Physics and Astronomy Department and the Fargo-Moorhead Astronomy Club .
Buffalo River State Park Naturalist Program
While these activities are not offered at the Regional Science Center, they are located at Buffalo River State Park adjacent to us. Check out their calendar for upcoming programs and events.