Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student

  • If you have a baccalaureate degree and want to take courses for graduate credit but are not seeking admission to a graduate program, you may enroll as a "graduate special" student (admission status is "graduate unclassified"). International students who require an I‐20 and Visa are not eligible for admission as non‐degree seeking students.

    1. Students who later wish to be admitted to a graduate degree program must submit a new application and meet all admission criteria for the specific program.
    2. Credits earned as a Graduate Special student may later be applied to a degree program with advisor approval, but cannot exceed nine (9) semester credits.
    3. Graduate Special students are not eligible for most types of financial aid.
    4. Students who are denied admission to a degree program may register as Graduate Special students only with special permission from the graduate program coordinator.

    Graduate Student Admission & Application Instructions