More Information.
More details.Hide details.
  • Transferring from MSUM to Another Institution

Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid

  • Print
  • Transferring from MSUM to Another Institution

    • Notify our office in writing that you will not be returning to MSUM. We will cancel future financial aid disbursements.

    • If the school to which you will be transferring was not originally listed on your FAFSA, do one of the following:
      • Add the new school by making an electronic correction to your FAFSA at You will need your FSA ID number. Make sure you receive a confirmation number. Your information will arrive at the new school in approximately five business days.
      • Call 800.433.3243 to request that your new school be added to your application. You will need the Data Release Number (DRN) listed on the first page of your Student Aid Report (SAR), or on your transmission confirmation page.
      • Add the new school code to your printed Student Aid Report (SAR), sign and send it to the new school.

    • If you were selected for verification at MSUM, submit the documentation as requested by the new school.

    • Financial aid awarded at MSUM does not directly transfer to the new school and financial aid awards may differ from school to school. Your new school will send you an award notice that may include different types and amounts of aid than you received at MSUM. You must also reapply for your private student loans.

    • You may be required to complete Entrance Loan Counseling at the new school even if you completed Entrance Loan Counseling at MSUM. A new Master Promissory Note may also be required.

    • If MSUM used professional judgment to change any information on your FAFSA (i.e. adjusted gross income, untaxed income received, independent status override), you must also submit an appeal in writing to the new school. Adjustments made by MSUM Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid will not automatically transfer to another school.