St. Cloud Technical & Community College Finance & Credit AS Transfer Guide
Transfer to MSUM BS in Finance
- College credits applied = 60
- Gen Ed/ LASC goal areas & credits remaining = 12 cr (Courses are accepted with the same goal areas and credit amounts as awarded by the sending college.)
- Remaining requirements = 73-74 cr
MN Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) / Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Additional goal Area Courses to Equal 42 credits for a minimum of 12 additional credits in addition to the AAS
Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC) requirements and MSUM requirements are needed to complete LASC.
Students must obtain a grade of C or higher in requirements for majors below.
*Recommended because these courses fulfill requirements for the finance major.
Requirements Remaining to take at MSUM (60 cr including remaining LASC)
- *ECON 202 Microeconomics (Goal 5) (3 cr)
- *ECON 204 Macroeconomics (Goal 5) (3 cr)
- *PHIL 312 Business Ethics (Goals 6, 9) (3 cr)
- *PSY 113 General Psychology (Goal 5) OR
- *SOC 110 Intro to Sociology (Goal 5) (3 cr)
- *MATH 234 Probability & Statistics (Goal 4) (3 cr)
- *MATH 227 Survey Differ Calculus w Algebra OR
- *MATH 229 Topics in Calculus (Goal 4) (3 or 4 cr)
- ENGL 387 Technical Report Writing OR
- COMM 301 Business & Professional Comm (3 cr)
- CSIS 104A Advanced Spreadsheet Topics (1 cr)
- MKTG 270 Principles of Marketing (3 cr)
- FINC 340 Financial Management (3 cr)
- MGMT 498 Strategic Management (3 cr)
- MGMT 371 Intro to Business Analytics (3 cr)
- MGMT 380 Operations Management (3 cr)
- FINC 360 Principles of Investment (3 cr)
- FINC 425 Bank Management I (3 cr)
- FINC 441 Adv Financial Management (3 cr)
- FINC International Financial Management (3 cr)
*May be earned at 2 yr college as part of MnTC and transferred to MSUM. These courses also satisfy goal areas.
Upper Division Restrictive Electives (12 cr)
Choose from list. Consult with MSUM Advisor for best choices.