Communication Studies Scholarships
MSUM offers a variety of Communication Studies scholarships for current and incoming students. Scholarships are listed below. Students can apply for scholarships through the online scholarship application October 1-February 1.
MSUM offers a variety of Communication scholarships for incoming freshman students majoring in Communication Studies.
The Communication Studies Scholarship recognizes new students who have declared, or will declare, a major in communication studies.
- High school seniors OR incoming transfer students who will be majoring in communication studies at MSUM;
- Current MSUM students who have recently declared the major;
- Recent transfer students who have declared a major in communication studies;
- This award is available to students who have not yet completed two semesters as a communication studies major.
Returning students, attach a copy of your current transcript or DARS (both available on eServices for MSUM students).
New incoming students, no additional information is needed.
The purpose of the Marcil Scholarship is to recruit and retain students to MSU Moorhead who are interested in a career in the journalism/media industry. The scholarship will be awarded in equal amounts in the fall and spring semesters.
- Students must be majors in the School of Communication and Journalism, Paseka School of Business, or Department of Computer Science and Information Systems who are interested in a career in the media industry.
- Current students, New Entering First-Year students and transfer students are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to four years. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to renew the scholarship and continue to be a major in one of the departments listed above.
Do not apply if you currently have a Marcil scholarship.
Returning students, attach a copy of your current transcript or DARS (both available on eServices for MSUM students). New incoming students, no need to attached transcripts.
Attach a 250-300 word statement about your interest in a career in the Media industry and describe how you will pursue that interest while attending MSUM.