Communication Studies Scholarships
MSUM offers a variety of Communication Studies scholarships for current and incoming students. Scholarships are listed below. Students can apply for scholarships through the online scholarship application October 1-February 1.
MSUM offers a variety of Communication scholarships for incoming freshman students majoring in Communication Studies.
The Communication Studies Scholarship recognizes new students who have declared, or will declare, a major in communication studies.
- High school seniors OR incoming transfer students who will be majoring in communication studies at MSUM;
- Current MSUM students who have recently declared the major;
- Recent transfer students who have declared a major in communication studies;
- This award is available to students who have not yet completed two semesters as a communication studies major.
Attach a copy of your current transcript or DARs (both available on eServices for MSUM students). For new in-coming freshman, attach a copy of your high school transcript.
The purpose of the Marcil Scholarship is to recruit and retain students to MSU Moorhead who are interested in a career in the journalism/media industry. Up to 20 students will receive a $1,000 scholarship each year. The scholarship will be awarded in equal amounts in the fall and spring semesters.
- Students must be majors in the School of Communication and Journalism, Paseka School of Business, or Department of Computer Science and Information Systems who are interested in a career in the media industry.
- Current students, New Entering First-Year students and transfer students are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to four years. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to renew the scholarship and continue to be a major in one of the departments listed above.
Do not apply if you currently have a Marcil scholarship.
Attach a copy of your current transcript or DARs (both available on eServices for MSUM students). For new incoming students, attach a copy of your high school transcript.
Attach a 250-300 word statement about your interest in a career in the Media industry and describe how you will pursue that interest while attending MSUM.