Kodály Graduate Certificate
2024 Kodály Summer Music Institute Dates Coming Soon!
The MSUM Summer Kodály Institute has recently received national endorsement from OAKE (Organization of American Kodály Educators) and is one of only 25 OAKE-endorsed programs in the United States.
The Summer Kodály Institute is a graduate-level program designed for qualified educators and supervisors at every level of musical instruction from elementary, junior and senior high school through college and university. To achieve a Graduate Certificate in Kodály, you must complete all three sequential courses in the program. The courses are taught by an exceptional and passionate group of certified Kodály instructors in a friendly, supportive, and educationally focused environment.
What are the Reasons to add Kodály to your credentials?
- You will learn from one of only 25 OAKE-endorsed (Organization of American Kodály Educators) programs in the country and one of only two programs in the tri-state region.
- You will get great value from MSUM’s Kodály graduate certificate as one of the most affordable certifications in the region.
- You will receive personal attention from skilled and experienced Kodály-certified instructors.
- You can join an active and engaged network of Kodály-certified music educators.
- As a Kodály-trained music educator, you will develop young students to be lifelong participants and contributors in music.
The Kodály philosophy of music education is a sequential, child developmental program based on folk songs and art music. The concept is an experience-based approach to teaching that leads to literacy through the development of basic musical skills and musicianship by reading, writing and performing music. Participants will peer teach, perform in an ensemble, conduct, expand repertoire materials and improve personal musicianship.