Graphic & Interactive Design Scholarships
MSUM offers a variety of Graphic & Interactive Design scholarships for current and incoming students. Scholarships are listed below. Students can apply for scholarships through the online scholarship application October 1-February 1.
The School of Media Arts & Design has a generous scholarship program. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 and outstanding achievement in academics, artistic/creative activities, or department service are required to be eligible for the scholarships to Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, and Graphic and Interactive Design.
- You will declare a major in the School of Media Arts & Design (Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, Graphic Communications and Graphic Design). You will actively participate in departmental co-curricular activities.
- You will actively participate in departmental co-curricular activities.
- You must be enrolled in the School of Media Arts & Design
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- You should be involved in department activities
This Scholarship is awarded to full-time students who are currently enrolled or have been enrolled in a photography class during the current academic year.
No additional requirements are needed.
- Must be enrolled in the School of Media Arts & Design
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Should be involved in department activities
Attach an essay on the following questions:
- What do you feel qualifies you for this scholarship?
- List and describe departmental, university, and community activities; achievements and awards.
- How would this scholarship help you attain your goals, and what impact would these goals have on the department?
- Samples of Work: Please submit three samples of your work. Please include the title of the work, the class it was created in, and the semester it was created.
- Graphical work should be provided in "one pdf file."
- Video or animation should be provided in a "list of links" to work hosted on YouTube or Vimeo.
Incoming freshman who will declare a major in the School of Media Arts & Design (Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, Graphic Communications and Graphic Design). You will actively participate in departmental co-curricular activities.
Attach two signed letters of recommendation from your teacher/director or another individual qualified to speak of your strengths in the Media Arts and Design programs.
List your experiences in any of these areas: Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, Graphic & Interactive Design, and other viusal and performing arts (theatre, speech, dance, music and creative writing, photography, drawing ,etc.).
Describe your interest in the School of Media Arts and Design at Minnesota State University Moorhead.
North Dakota and Minnesota residents pursuing a BA or BFA degree in Art with an emphasis in Graphic Design are eligible for this award. Applicants must also be a member of the LGBTQ Identifying Students and Allies.
This scholarship is awarded to Graphic Design majors that are actively involved in the student organization SPECTRUM and work to improve school climate for all students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
Applicant must be enrolled in the School of Media Arts & Design, have a GPA of 3.0 or above and should be involved in department activities.
No additional requirements needed
Students in the Graphic Design program who are in good academic standing.
No additional requirements needed