More Information.
More details.Hide details.
  • Travel Services

Study Abroad

  • Print
  • Travel Services

    Notice: Many student travel discounts are only available if you have an International Student Identification Card (ISIC). This card verifies that you are a university student, and are thus eligible for any reduced student rates. To apply for an ISIC online, visit The cost is $22, and you do not need to be enrolled in a study abroad program to be eligible. You simply need a Student ID (Dragon ID for MSUM students) number.

    • The ACTR
      Russian and Eurasian Outbound Programs Office is dedicated to the Eurasian Regional Language Program. It has information about study abroad programs in Georgia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and more. Also, the website contains detailed information about each country, frequently asked questions, photo galleries and application information.
      Allstays' Hostel FAQ
    • British Council
      The most comprehensive and up-to-date information on studying in the UK.
    • British Council USA
      Provides resources for students considering studying abroad or earning their undergraduate degree in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. It will give you an instant access to a range of information from choosing the right type of course, institutions, costs of study, immigration requirements, work restrictions and travel tips.
    • Carlson-Wagonlit Travel
      Travel agent located in Moorhead. MSUM has worked with Carlson-Wagonlit many times over the years. Call (218) 236-8383 or 1-800-225-8383.
    • Casamundo
      Providing housing for students and vacationers. We have accommodations of every category and for every price range across Europe and the USA, to ensure that we offer accommodation suitable for everyone. There are detailed descriptions of every property and destination on our website to help our customers make an informed decision. Currently we have more than 50,000 properties on our website, but we are hoping to increase this soon to 150,000 properties.
      Website of the popular Fodor's travel book series.
      Website of the popular Frommer's travel book series.
      The Internet Guide to International Hostelling.
      Book hostel rooms online.
      Offers health and non-health (personal belongings and baggage, etc.) insurance for travelers.
    • International Student Travel Confederation
      Can book flights, trains, or busses. Also offers advice, insurance, and other helpful info.
    • International Travel Insurance for Students
      ISIS offers insurance for students traveling overseas.
    • Kvamme Travel & Cruises
      Local agent offering student travel discounts. Call (218) 236-9606 or 1-800-999-1586.
      Offers travel advice, travel information and travel services.
    • MONETOS International
      Has more information about moving, working, or studying abroad in the European Union. Its guidelines are referenced with government sites, financial institutions, and other regulatory offices and translated into six languages.
    • OSAC Overseas Security Advisory Council
      Run by the U.S. Department of State, this website offers the latest security.
    • Perry International
      Can help you get last minute passports and tourist or student visas.
    • Rail Europe
      Can handle all of your Eurorail and other rail pass needs.
    • SAFETI Clearinghouse
      Provides links to many different government and private agencies offering information on safety while traveling abroad.
    • STA Travel
      Provides discount travel fares and services for students. Contact the STA Travel Office in Minneapolis at (612) 615-1800 for personal help booking reduced student fares.
    • Student Universe
      Online student travel agent with cheap tickets. Student travel discounts and student airfare deals. Also offers rail passes, hostel information and insurance.
    • Telestial
      Options for international phone usage.
    • Transitions Abroad Magazne
      Has articles and information on studying, working, volunteering, and traveling abroad.
    • Travel Guard International
      Sells travel and trip insurance.
    • Trip Plus
      Travel Security card that includes travel insurance, emergency & travel assistance, phone & email services and an ATM/Debit card.
    • U.S. Department of State
      This site contains important information for students going abroad, including embassy locations and all necessary documents.
    • U.S. State Department
      Get the latest info on travel warnings, entry requirements for all foreign nations, visa guidelines and other matters. Information for travelers, including worldwide information on civil unrest, disease, weather, and other possible hazards.
    • The World's Favorite Currency Site
      Up-to-the-minute conversion rates for any world currency

    ***Employees or any other individuals authorized to travel including students must NOT travel to countries for which a travel advisory has been issued by the State Department of the United States of America. Contact the State Department to obtain a list of current advisories at