Nursing Learning Community
You should live in this community if you are a declaring BS in Nursing, RN to BSN or MS in Nursing as your major. This community provides outstanding opportunities to learn and participate in hands-on labs with fellow students and faculty which will build a solid foundation for pursuing a science or health-related career. This NEW learning community is located in West Snarr.
Nursing Learning Community Required Common Courses
- FYE 101: First Year Experience (1 credit)
- PSY 113: General Psychology (3 credits)
- ENGL 101: English Composition I (3 credits)
- CHEM 110: Fundamentals of Chemistry (3 credits)
- CHEM 110L: Fundamentals of Chemistry Lab (1 credit)
- BIOL 125: Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits)
- BIOL 126: Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits)
- PSY 202: Development Psychology (3 credits)
As a member of the Nursing learning community, you will...
- live with other students who have declared nursing as a major.
- take classes and labs with students who live on your floor.
- be able to participate in organized study groups for Learning Community participants.
- have a Learning Community Mentor dedicated to providing you with various opportunities and support.
- be exposed to career options that you will have with a health care related degree.
- interact with faculty members who are dedicated to helping you achieve excellence in the classroom and beyond.