Art, Art Education, Graphic Communications & Graphic Design Learning Community
You should live in this community if you are a declared Art, Art Education, Graphic Communications or Graphic Design major. Join this community to strengthen your passion for art, utilize creative collaboration and production skills, build critical analysis abilities and learn from our dedicated, award-winning faculty. This community is historically located in Dahl Hall.
Learning Community Required Common Courses
- FYE 101: Art First Year Experience (1 credit)
- ART 101: Foundation Drawing 1 (4 credits)
- ART 125: Foundation Design (4 credits)
Art & Art Education Majors
- ART 102: Foundation Drawing II (4 credits)
Graphic Communication Majors
- GCOM 266: Introduction to Multimedia (3 credits)
Graphic Design Majors
- GDES 203: Introduction to Graphic Design (4 credits)
As a member of the learning community, you will...
- live with other students who have declared a similar major.
- interact with faculty members who are dedicated to helping you achieve excellence in art, the classroom, and beyond.
- take classes with students who live on your floor.
- have a Dragon Mentor dedicated to providing you with various opportunities and support.
- be exposed to career options that you will have with your degree.
- be provided with opportunities to visit local galleries.
- have the opportunity to put some of your work on display within the hall.
- be able to meet upper-class art residents living within your residence hall.