Special Education Transfer Agreements

  • Begin taking classes at your Community or Technical College and complete a BS degree in Special Education at MSUM or in the Twin Cities. Work with an advisor to complete these courses as part of your technical program's general education or electives. MSUM courses are in parenthesis. For course equivalents visit with your transfer specialist or go to transferology.com and search for equivalencies.

    Minnesota State University Moorhead also offers a program of study in special education for students who have completed an Associate of Arts Degree or Minnesota Transfer Curriculum at Anoka Ramsey Community College. These candidates may complete an additional 2 years of primarily online/hybrid coursework to complete a Bachelors of Science Degree in Special Education with an emphasis in specific learning disabilities, developmental disabilities, and/or emotional behavioral disorders. The majority of coursework is available online.

    • Special Education Degree leads to MN licensure in one or more of the following areas:
      • Learning Disabilities
      • Emotional/Behavior Disorder
      • Developmental Disabilities

    Students interested in learning more about MSUM's unique 2+2 program may contact Dr. Sue Severson at severson@mnstate.edu for more information.