INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO: Creating your Tk20 Account and logging into an existing account
INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO: Applying to the School to Social Work using Tk20
The School of Social Work (SSW) now processes all
admission materials exclusively through Tk20. To apply, each applicant must
establish her/his Tk20 account BEFORE she/he can access the
required Tk20 application form. Students who do not meet admission requirements
for Provisional Admission (PA) BEFORE joining Tk20. Here
provisional applicants must work with their academic SSW advisor to develop a strategy
for meeting all admission requirements, than may proceed to purchasing their Tk20 membership and formally applying to SSW.
plan must be preapproved prior to purchasing a Tk20 membership.
* Provisional Admission is not guaranteed.
* Tk20 membership fees are not refundable.
Required Steps in
seeking Tk20 Provisional Admission
To be considered for PA, the applicant must
complete the following steps:
1. Develop a clear understanding of why she/he is not
eligible for full admission;
2. Meet with her/his SW advisor to develop an plan to
meet all admission requirements;
3. Reach an agreement with her/his advisor that the
action plan is suitable for PA;
4. The advisor will present the PA action plan to the SSW
5. Faculty approval results in the granting of PA request;
6. Then only after the PA is approved can the student open
her/his Tk20 account and proceed through the admission process;
7. The faculty advisor will monitor student progress during
8. And when warranted, the advisor will change the Tk20
admission status from PA to “Accepted.”
If the faculty does not approve your PA request, then
please do not open your Tk20 account since you will not be refunded your Tk20
membership fee (Tk20 policy).
Should you have any questions about Tk20, PA, or your
specific situation, please do not hesitate to consult your advisor BEFORE
joining Tk20 and commencing the SSW application process.