Online Graduation & Commencement System
Advisees can be marked as eligible to graduate on the "Advising Home" page in the Advising and Early Alert System.
Questions about the graduation application or graduation can be directed to Shawn Soderberg.
Thank you for submitting your email.
Questions about the Advising and Early Alert System can be directed to Loren Baranko Faught.
Thank you for submitting your email.
Online Graduation Application Directions for Faculty & Advisors
It is strongly recommended that advisors mark students as eligible to graduate and students complete the application during the term prior to their intended graduation term. Advisors will login to the Advising and Early Alert System with their star id and password. On the main dashboard under Advising Home, the system will bring up a list of all currently enrolled advisees. The advisor will mark the advisee(s) that are eligible to graduate by clicking on the box next to the advisees name in the "Grad App" column. This step is required before a student can complete the graduation application online. Once the student submits the grad app, it will show submitted in the grad app column.
- A checked box means you have marked them as eligible to graduate.
- An unchecked box means you have not marked them as eligible to graduate.
- "Submitted" means the student has submitted their graduation application.
- You cannot uncheck or recheck the boxes in the grad app column.
Once a student is marked as eligible, a system generated email will be sent to the student with information and a link to the graduation application. They will be able to login to the system with their star id and password. Most of the required information will pre-populate for them. They will need to verify the information, confirm if they are participating in the commencement ceremony and if they are, pay the commencement participation fee of $30 (this is a non-refundable fee). After they complete and submit the form, the Registrar’s Office will begin the graduation review process to confirm all university and program requirements are met.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers About the Online Graduation Application
- Nothing has changed regarding the process in regards to deciding if your student is ready to graduate. The process remains the same whether initiated by you or your advisee. The only change is now that you have decided your student is ready, instead of filling out the paper application, you log into the system and check the box. As always, this is started by a conversation between you and your student.
- If the student checks the box in the graduation application that says they are commencing, the application is NOT submitted until the commencement participation fee is paid.
- Communication from the registrar’s office regarding graduation application will follow just as before.
- If you are not the primary advisor, you will not be able to initiate the graduation application process. Requirements will be reviewed when the primary advisor initiates the process for all degrees/majors listed.
- The list that appears when you login to the Advising and Early Alert System "Advising Home" page is a list of all your current enrolled advisees.
- The following message appears when students look for the graduation application on our website: Application for Graduation: Used for an undergraduate student who has met graduation requirements to request their intent to graduate with an undergraduate degree. Students must meet with their advisor and be marked as eligible to graduate before they are sent the link to the online graduation application
- If students previously marked as graduation eligible are in need of the graduation application link, you can resend the application link directly. Alternatively, you can use the email template titled “Graduation Application Link” (category: other) to resend the link to a student. If an advisee is not currently enrolled (therefore not on your Advising Home page) and needs the graduation application sent to them you can provide them with the link or contact the Registrar’s Office.