White and McCulloch Lumber Company (S4809)
The Lumber operation at Wolverton, Minnesota was originally known as the Gull River Lumber Company. Sometime about 1900, it became a branch yard of the White Lumber Company which was established in Fargo, North Dakota in 1873. When W.H. White became the manager of the Moorhead yard, the Wolverton branch was named the White Lumber Company. The White and McCulloch Company’s main office was located in Fargo (now called Interior Lumber Company) with branch yards in the following towns of North Dakota: Argusville, Barney, Buttzville, Gardner, Harwood, Hickson, Horace, Leonard, Mapleton, Mooreton, Prosper, Sheldon, Warred, Wild Rice and Woods. In Minnesota branch yards were located in Comstock, Georgetown, Perley, Rustad, and Wolverton.
The collection contains the program for the 50th anniversary of the White and McCulloch Lumber Company, and a speech given by Harry T. Alsop at the program. The remainder of the collection includes journals, invoices, and sales records dating from 1885-1914.
- Anniversary, Speech, Price List
- Volume 1 - Invoices. 1885-1889
- Volume 2 - Journal. 1894-1899
- Volumes 3, 5-10 - Sales. 1897-99; 1910-14
- Volume 4 - Correspondence. 1902-07