American Federation of Musicians Local 382 (S2796)
The American Federation of Musicians was founded in order to provide musicians with a better organized union than the older National League of Musicians. In the mid 1960s, the A.F.M. had a membership of over 250,000 in 685 locals. Local 382 was instrumental in changing Minnesota state law to allow municipalities operating municipal liquor store lounges to hire live music.
The records of the American Federation of Musicians include correspondence, newspaper clippings, photocopies of photographs of local bands, and press releases.
- A Century of Music: 1894-1998: Fargo Moorhead Area Music Club
- Correspondence. 1951, 1971, 1973-74, 1980
- International Musician. November 1984
- Newspaper Clippings, Bea Wisted column in the Detroit Lake Tribune. 1967, 1973, 1980, undated
- Photocopies of Local Bands. 1975, undated
- Press Releases and Resolution. 1973