Dragons Care Practices
In the interest of maintaining the health and safety of our Dragon family, you are asked to continue following these important Dragons Care Practices:
- Physical distancing – avoid crowded spaces or confined areas whenever possible
- Hand-washing or using the hand sanitizer stations located around campus
- Covering your cough
- Self-monitor for possible symptoms
- Stay home when you are sick
- Mask-wearing is required for indoor public settings when Clay County reaches levels considered in the Substantial or High category for transmission of COVID-19. MSUM does not specify which mask you wear but strongly recommends following Minnesota Department of Health recommendations:
- Wear a high-quality mask such as an N95 or KN95, or
- Wear a well-fitted cloth or disposable mask with at least two layers
The three-layer disposable masks at most campus building entrances meet the recommendations of the Minnesota Department of Health. A mask must cover the nose and mouth completely and fit snugly against your face without gaps.
We have faith that our Dragon Family will continue to do what’s needed to keep one another safe. We are relying on you to abide by these guidelines.
Employee & Student Worker COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Policy
Beginning September 8, 2021, if your job requires you to be in the workplace; need access to the workplace for more than 10 minutes; or otherwise provide Minnesota State college and university services outside of your home, you must either provide proof of being fully vaccinated or consent to, and participate in, at least weekly medical testing for the COVID-19 virus. Minnesota State has developed a systemwide proof of vaccine and testing management tool that will allow you to provide your proof of vaccination or weekly testing process and results.
The following resources provide detailed instructions for providing proof of vaccination or the procedures for the weekly testing process.