More Information.
More details.Hide details.
  • Documentation Guidelines

Accessibility Resources

  • Print
  • Documentation Guidelines

    If you are requesting an accommodation, you must provide documentation of your disability, including a recent evaluation by an appropriate professional. All reports must be type written and signed on professional letterhead and include the name, title, and credentials of the evaluator, including license or certification. Accessibility Resources may exercise its right to require additional documentation. The cost of obtaining documentation is your responsibility. 

    Documentation should be current. If you are 21 or older and have had thorough and relevant documentation reflective of an adult level of performance, it may be acceptable for Accessibility Resource to extend the length of time the documentation is considered valid. Disabilities that are subject to change may require more frequent evaluations as needed to verify current symptoms, functional limitations and prognosis.

    Generally, an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan from a secondary school does not provide adequate information for the provision of academic accommodations. However, if the IEP includes results of a psycho-educational evaluation, it may be acceptable.

    If you need accommodations for an exam administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS), such as PRAXIS exams or GRE, you must submit documentation to ETS Disability Services. Please note, approval for accommodations for MSUM classes does not guarantee accommodations for ETS exams. ETS Disability Services, not MSUM Accessibility Resources, determines accommodations for ETS exams.

    * Verification by another institution or organization does NOT guarantee eligibility at MSUM.

    Please forward/take the Disability Verification to the person(s) who diagnosed and/or is treating you for your condition(s).

    Please click here for Disability Verification documents.

    Application for Services