More Information.
More details.Hide details.
  • Accommodations

Accessibility Resources

  • Print
  • Accommodations

    Laws require colleges and universities to provide aids, services and other accommodations to qualified students with disabilities, who need an accommodation to participate in school. This information will explain various accommodations available at Minnesota State University Moorhead (MSUM) and help you determine if you may qualify for an accommodation.

    What is an Accommodation?

    An accommodation is a modification or support that gives a student with a disability an equal opportunity to participate and benefit from college. Think of accommodations as adjustments to how things are normally done. The purpose of accommodations is to ensure equal access not success.

    Do I Need an Accommodation?

    Ask yourself these questions*:

    • Do I have a physical, mental or emotional disability that affects my ability to study, learn, process information, access classrooms or resources or otherwise limits or interferes with my ability to be a successful student?
    • Did I need or receive accommodations in high school or on a job?
    • Did I have an IEP or Individual Education Plan in high school?
    • Did I have a 504 Plan in high school?

    *If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may need an accommodation. You should contact Disability Resource Center and ask for information about accommodations. The Disability Resource Center Director will help you determine whether you are eligible.