Admitted PSEO New Student Steps

  • As a new MSUM student the following three steps are essential for you to complete. The list following that are other items you should review and complete as needed.

  • Research shows that incoming students who live on campus earn higher grade point averages and are more likely to stay in school and earn their degrees. All freshman students are required to live on campus during their first year at MSU Moorhead and all students that live on-campus are required to have a meal plan. For information about on-campus dining, please visit the MSUM Dining Services page, and view meal plan options and rates on the Housing webpage.

    Action Required: Complete the MSUM Housing and Dining Contract if you plan to or are required to live on campus and/or have a meal plan.

    We also offer new students the opportunity to join a Learning Community. You'll study with, attend classes alongside and live near other students who share a commitment to your major or have similar interests. Your Learning Community preference will dictate your building preference on the MSUM Housing and Dining Contract.

    Action Required: Complete the Learning Community Application if you plan to join a learning community.

    Immunization Records
    Minnesota Law (M.S. 135A.14) requires that all students born after 1956 and enrolled in a public or private post-secondary school in Minnesota be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus (TDAP or TD), measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) allowing for certain exemptions. All newly admitted students are required to "self report" vaccinations dates for Tetanus (Td or Tdap) and MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella). Visit Counseling Services for more information.

    Release of Student Information
    Minnesota State University Moorhead is committed to the protection and confidentiality of student education records, adhering closely to the guidelines established by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - a federal legislation established to regulate access and maintenance of student educational records. Visit the Registrar's Office for more information.

    Emergency Contact Information

    MSU Moorhead is working diligently to eliminate sexual violence in all forms. As a part of that commitment, all new students must complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training, developed by Minnesota State system office. The training focuses on promoting the intellectual awareness of all students, offering accessible resources and services from the university regarding sexual violence. All new, incoming students will be enrolled by the University in the training within D2L. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the MSUM Title IX Coordinator.

    Action Required: Complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training in D2L. Please note that you will be unable to access this training in D2L until mid-August for fall admits.

    Your Dragon ID Card is an ID card that provides access to many on campus places, resources and events, such as the library, after-hours access to campus buildings, printing services, free or discounted admission to athletic events and activities and much more.

    Action Required: On campus students can receive their Dragon ID Card during Student Orientation, Advising and Registration or by going to the Dragon Card Office when you arrive on campus.

    Online Learners: Online or Offsite students not taking classes on campus are not required to have a Dragon Card but have the option to request your Dragon Card after registering for classes.

    After you register for your classes, you can purchase textbooks and course materials in person at the MSU Moorhead University bookstore, located in MacLean Hall, or online through the MSU Moorhead Bookstore website.

    If you plan to have a vehicle on-campus you will need a parking permit.

    Action Required: Register for a parking permit using your StarID and Password.

    Accessibility Resources provides services and accommodations to students with documented disabilities and helps provide equal access for "otherwise qualified" individuals with disabilities.

    Action Required: Apply for services through Accessibility Resources

    The Veteran's Resource Center helps students who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces to integrate into university life through counseling, GI Bill certifications, and other assistance.

    Action required: Contact the Veteran's Resource Center if you are eligible to receive Federal military, veterans, or family member education benefits to assist you in receiving these benefits.

    A preferred name is a name an individual wishes to be known as if this name is different from their legal first, middle, and last name.

    Optional Action Required: Learn more about and set a preferred name.