How will my credits transfer?

  • Are you wondering what transfers? You will receive an official transfer evaluation (Degree Audit Report) once you’ve been accepted at MSU Moorhead. Until then, take a look at the transfer credit resources available to assist in exploring your transfer options.

    Estimate Your Transferred Credits

    You can create an account and sign in as a registered user at Transferology, a national network to help explore course equivalencies, program requirements, and applicability of coursework when transferring between schools.

    You can also view how credits earned at any Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System institution may be evaluated for transfer by visiting MnTransfer.

    Community & Technical College Transfer Guides

    Technical college credits will transfer up to a block of 16 credits unless part of an articulated program; additional credits may then be granted. Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between Minnesota State University Moorhead and other colleges and universities to accept transfer courses for specific programs. Please visit the Community & Technical College Transfer Guide website to learn more.

    GERTA Guides

    Based on the General Education Requirement Transfer Agreement (GERTA), an approved set of general education courses are transferable between a North Dakota University System campus and Minnesota State University Moorhead.

    You will receive evaluations indicating the extent and distribution of credits which are accepted by MSUM toward your general degree requirements. These requirements will be considered fulfilled if you've completed the GERTA. For GERTA guides based on the year in which the course in question was taken, visit NDUS.