The Academic Support Center fosters student success and retention by providing a centralized location of resources for students, staff and faculty.
If you are in need of academic support, or assistance with advising and registration, our office is open and ready to help!
Services for Students
- Academic Coaching
- Advising and Registration Questions (i.e. how to find your advisor, LASC, navigating eServices, withdrawing from classes or school)
- GRIT Program
- Online and in-person Learning Strategies
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Undeclared & Post-Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) Advising
- General Questions – not sure where to go or who to ask? Contact Us.
Services for Faculty and Staff
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At the MSUM Academic Support Center, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which all students – within and across multiple identities – feel supported and valued. We believe that the only way to transform lives – and ultimately, the world – is to achieve equitable outcomes for all students. To do this, we are committed to understanding the needs and experiences of our diverse students and working collaboratively to advocate for and meet those needs.
We will demonstrate this commitment by the following action items:
- Identify and challenge departmental and university systems and policies that create and sustain inequity
- Work collaboratively across campus to create and implement learning opportunities specifically designed to meet the needs of underserved students
- Create spaces (physical and virtual) that are accessible and welcoming to all
- Advocate for and guide students through challenges and barriers that disproportionately affect underserved students
- Gather and learn from data related to equity to make evidence-based decisions and measure progress toward our goals of eliminating equity gaps
- Commit time and resources to exploring our own professional development, as a team and individually, including exploring underlying assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness
- Intentionally foster employment, leadership, and engagement opportunities for diverse individuals