Minnesota State Community & Technical College Paralegal AAS Transfer Guide
Transfer to MSUM BS in Paralegal
- College credits applied = 60
- Gen Ed/ LASC goal areas & credits remaining = 24
- Other requirements = 40-43
Use this transfer guide for recommendations and MSUM equivalencies.
MN Transfer Curriculum / Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Recommendation: Take a course that meets goal areas 5 & 7
Additional Courses in Goal Areas to Equal 42 Credits Total for Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Minimum credits to complete LASC Goal Areas = 24 cr in addition to those earned with AAS.**
Students must obtain a grade of C or higher in requirements for major.
*Validation – To earn credit for ACCT 304 students must complete a higher level course in the same rubric with a grade of C or higher or pass an examination. For PARA 251 the student must pass an examination.
**It is recommended that some LASC courses taken at MSUM be at the 300/ 400 level to help satisfy the 40 credit upper division requirement.
Major Requirements Remaining to take at MSUM (70-80 cr)
- *PARA 251 Legal Research & Writing II (3)
- PARA 310 Civil Procedure I (3)
- PARA 320 Family Law (3)
- PARA 325 Interviewing (3)
- PARA 331 Debtor-Creditor/ Bankruptcy Law (3)
- PARA 375 Legal Ethics (3)
- PARA 405 Wills, Estates and Taxation (3)
- PARA 416 Elder Law (3)
- PARA 425 Advanced Legal Research & Writing (3)
- PARA 469 Internship (4 – 12)**
*Required course if not validated.
Selected Emphasis: (9-12 credits in area of choice) Transactions (If ACCT 304 is validated, 9 cr are required.) OR Litigation
One Other Area of Emphasis: (3 credits in another area not chosen above)
**Additional credits may be taken to fulfill the 40 credit upper division course requirement or to maximize an internship. It is recommended that LASC courses taken at MSUM be at the 300/level to help satisfy this requirement.