Inver Hills Community College Exercise Science AS Transfer Guide
Transfer to MSUM BS in Exercise Science
- College credits applied = 60-61
- Gen Ed/LASC goal areas & credits remaining = 0
- Remaining requirements = 60
MN Transfer Curriculum/Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Use this transfer guide for recommendations and MSUM equivalencies.
With the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) completed the Liberal Arts & Sciences Curriculum (LASC) at MSUM is considered fulfilled.
Students must obtain a grade of C or higher.
HLTH 1127 American Heart Assoc (2 – 3 cr) Heartsaver AND
HLTH 1126 Basic Life Support
HLTH 125 First Aid & CPR
Recommended*: BIOL 2202 Anatomy & Physiology II (4 cr)
*Recommended because these courses fulfill requirements or electives for the exercise science major.
**Equivalent to a restricted elective for the major.
Major Requirements Remaining to take at MSUM (60 cr)
- AT 220 Care and Prevention of Injuries & Illnesses (3)
- HLTH 330 Disease Prevention (2)
- PE 310 Sport and Play in the United States (3) (WI)
- PE 311 Motor Learning (2)
- PE 320 Anatomical Kinesiology (3)
- PE 365 Health & Fitness Instructor (3)
- PE 421 Physiology of Exercise (3)
- PE 469 Internship (2 – 12)
- PE 473 Exercise Testing & Interpretation (3)
- ENGL 286 Writing for the Workplace OR
- ENGL 387 Technical Report Writing (3) (WI)
Electives (22 – 32 cr)
(Consult your MSUM advisor for best options).
PE 321 Human Physiology (3) is required if the equivalent was not taken as part of the electives at Inver Hills.