Master of Social Work Four Plus One Program
Earning your Bachelor of Social Work degree and Master of Social Work degree can be as easy as 4 + 1!
This accelerated program enables you to earn both a Bachelor of Social Work degree and a Master of Social Work in just five years. You’ll save time and money and be prepared to enter the growing profession of social work! Undergraduate students who are admitted into the School of Social Work can apply to the Advanced Standing Master of Social Work program and get formally admitted their senior year.
Your First Graduate Course Could Be Free!
Scholarship funds may cover the cost of your first graduate-level class! Complete the Single Scholarship Application and indicate that you plan to enroll in an accelerated master’s program at MSUM. This funding is available for Spring 2024 and Summer 2024 courses only. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come basis, so complete your scholarship application by the priority deadline of Dec. 15 and talk to your advisor about pursuing the accelerated graduate program. Full details of the Accelerated Graduate Program scholarship funds.
Approval Process and Suggested Timeline for BSW & MSW Pathway
- Applicants must be admitted to the BSW program in the MSUM School of Social Work.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 90 completed undergraduate credits (senior status).
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or 3.25 for last 30 semester credits.
- Applicants must complete the Master of Social Work program application during senior year (by cohort deadline).
- Applicants must successfully complete their undergraduate internship experience.