background image
  • Keep Us Informed

Records Office

  • Keep Us Informed

    Address and Phone Number

    It is important that the university always has your accurate local and permanent address on file. We also need an up-to-date phone number. If your address or phone number changes, be sure to update it on e-services or notify the Records Office. To update on e-services go to Account Management on the left hand menu and select “Address Info.” 


    All MSUM students are required to open a email account. (LINK) This email is the official university means of communication to students. Your Dragon Mail account is created when you are admitted. If you have questions or problems with your email account, please contact ITS Help Desk at 218.477.2603 or

    Dragon ID

    This is a student’s eight-digit ID number at MSUM. Your academic transcript will show it and you will need it to register for classes, so be sure to memorize it and do not share it with other students.  


    When issued, your e-services password (also referred to as PIN) is a six-digit number made up of either your birth date (yymmdd) or the last six digits of your Social Security Number. The first time you log into e-services you will need to change it to an eight-digit password that includes a combination of letters, numbers and at least one symbol.

    Important---If you forget your Dragon ID or PIN, login to eservices and on the left hand menu select “Lookup ID” or “Lookup PIN/Password”. Your Dragon ID will be emailed to you at your account. You may also stop by the Records Office with a photo ID and the staff will reset your PIN.

    Name Changes

    MSUM is required to obtain proof that a name change has been reported to the Social Security Administration. The Records Office needs a copy of the new social security card which bears the student’s new name in order to change the name on our records. A copy of your social security card with name change request can either be mailed or brought into the Records Office.